Sunday, June 23, 2013

CONCH FRITTERS, COLD BEER AND HOT KAZOO!!! PERFECT DAY!

CONCH FRITTERS
4TH OF JULY RESTAURANT
KEY WEST, FLORIDA
Hard to believe that picture was taken just hours ago and those beautiful Conch Fritters have been consumed by a couple of ukulele/kazoo friends who are either on vacation or spending the weekend in Key West, Florida.  I told them about this place and the fritters and they went there today!!!  Sure wish I had a dozen and a cold beer!  

Man does this picture take me back to 1971 and my first solo road trip in my first "car lot" car that I had to make payments on. LOL  A 69 Malibu.  It was November and getting cold in Carolina and I had a week vacation from work to celebrate my 20th  birthday.  Normally the destination would have been to Myrtle Beach but it was as cold there as it was where I was.   So the warmest place within my budget was way down south in Key West!!!!  I don't know which was the better, Key West or getting the ride getting there.  No interstate back then and mostly two lane.  Just the 301 South to US 1, keep heading south and stop at the water. LOL  

That's when I first discovered the 4th of July and their conch fritters!  I was so happy to find out that the restaurant and the conch fritters are both still there.  If you get to Key West you gotta visit and have a dozen! 

A big old Doc Kazoo Thank You! for sharing this picture and the memories! :-)

Happy Kazooing,
Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment