Sunday, June 16, 2013

PICKIN' ON THE PORCH "DRUNKEN SAILOR"

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A DRUNKEN SAILOR?

Good Sunday morning everyone and greetings from the old kazoo maker.  What a beautiful morning here on the homestead.  This morning when I was pickin' guitar on the porch I had the guitar plugged in recording for almost an hour of just adlib stuff off the top of my head.  This is an old traditional sea shanty that I love to play just for the fun of it!

When I reviewed the recording to select a tune for today's video I remembered something that my dad told me the day I left home for the Navy when I was 18.  "You're gonna find out that Uncle Sam makes a pretty good uncle but he's one hell of a dad!"   

So since the Navy became my adopted dad for over two decades it only appropriate that I selected today's today's Pickin' on the Porch Video.

By the way, I sailed on the aircraft carrier USS NIMITZ shown in the picture you will see in this video.  I am a "Plank Owner" of this lady and  made her first deployment to the North Atlantic and Mediterranean.  I also rode a couple of those smaller ships you see pictured at other times in my sailor days.

So to all you Dad's out there Happy Father's Day!

Doc Kazoo

No comments:

Post a Comment