Friday, June 21, 2013

RAMBLINGS OF AN OLD KAZOO MAKER


DON'T BE KAZOOLESS IN A STORM!

What a great day off at the homestead.  Had a great morning in the studio mixing some guitar and ukulele tracks that I recorded last week.  Still trying to find something good enough to share with the ukulele.  One thing for sure is that I am having a great time learning to play that little thing.

One thing I like the most about the ukulele is the size.  It is small enough to pick just about anywhere.  Lots of times I am editing video and running a process on the computer that may take a couple minutes to a half hour for the computer to complete the task.  I keep the ukulele within reach for such times. LOL  I can sit here at the computer and pick while I wait very comfortably.

This afternoon we had a terrible storm move through and I grabbed the camera and shot some video and thought I would make a kazoo music video of my old song  "Don't Be Kazooless".  

No ukulele in this tune.  This recording includes my Dean acoustic/electric guitar, FatBoy Kazoo,  Carolina Finger Tappers, and vocal tracks mixed and mastered by this old kazoo maker.  It ain't perfect but I sure had a lot of fun making it! 

This time of year afternoon storms are a daily thing.  Usually they start building mid afternoon when the breezes from the Atlantic meet those from the Gulf of Mexico.  They can be very severe and are always accompanied with lots of lightning.  Frequently even tornado activity.  This video will give you a good example of when I will be closing the workshop due to weather.  Be that weather afternoon storms or extreme heat.  It will be like this for the next couple months.

It reminds me of Monsoon Season that I experienced years ago in the Philippines when the daily rains arrived and everything turned from brown brush to lush green foliage.  The heat and humidity remind me of there as well.    Without air conditioning the population of Florida would certainly decrease dramatically. LOL

Well tomorrow and am going to head down to the workshop and hold a good field day!  That an old navy term for "clean the place up"! LOL  I gotta make some resonator membranes and a few other maintenance things.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment